HIGHLIGHTS OF TRIP:
- A visit to Taj Mahal, the most romantic symbol of love
- Explore the historic ghost town of Fatehpur Sikri
- Explore heritage town and local market of Agra
- Feel the grandeur and might of Mughal emperors at Agra Fort
A trip to Agra to visit Taj mahal is a must do lifetime experience for everyone whether you are living in India or visiting from abroad. Although the duration of trip depends on the interest of an individual as well as available time to visit. If you have very limited time, it’s still possible to do a same day Agra trip by car to visit Taj mahal from Delhi.
The most important aspect to do this tours being Delhi is most connected airport in India and anyone travelling to India or within India get a chance to come here for personal or professional reasons. So being in Delhi provides a great chance to take same day Agra trip by car to visit Taj mahal, the most visited monument in India.
A brief about Taj Mahal and others monuments in Agra: While most of us aware about a bit of history of North India, know that Delhi and Agra were the main centres during Mughal dynasty era. The long and rich kingdom of Mughals flourished for centuries leaving behind footprints of rich heritage buildings and monuments dating back to that era.
As Delhi and Agra along with Fatehpur Sikri remained capitals of Mughal kings for many years, we can find forts, tombs, shrines, gardens along with symbols of love (Taj mahal) and might.
The most important monuments to visit in and around Agra are Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Akbar’s tomb at Sikandra, Itmad-Ud-Daulah tomb and Mehtab bagh. While Taj mahal and Agra fort are located on the banks of Yamuna River next to each other, Fatehpur Sikri is around 40 km away on Jaipur highway.
On a same day Agra trip from Delhi, it’s better to visit Fatehpur Sikri in the end and drive back to Delhi from here instead of going back to centre of town. Sikandra is located on the outskirts towards Mathura so it’s better to visit on the way while driving to Agra from Delhi.
For itinerary, it’s advised to start early in the morning (6 am) to reach Agra in time and come back to Delhi before night.
06 Hrs: Pick up from hotel, airport or local address in Delhi and drive to Agra via Yamuna expressway.
0930 Hrs: Reach Agra, Visit tomb of Akbar at Sikandra and have breakfast.
11 Hrs: Visit to Taj Mahal. While two hrs is average time to explore the beauty of Taj and its architecture. You can spend additional time exploring the views from gardens and ambience.
14 Hrs: Lunch and relax
15 Hrs: Visit to Agra Fort and its buildings like Moti Masjid and Musanman Burj. The best part is a view of Taj mahal from Agra fort over the river Yamuna.
16 Hrs: Drive to Fatehpur Sikari and visit its mighty buildings. The complex consists of mosques, gardens, palaces, shrines and pavilions. The major attractions are shrine of sufi saint Salim Chisti and Buland Darwaja- one of the biggest gates in the world.
After finishing the visit in Fatehpur Sikri, drive back to Delhi around 1730 Hrs and drop back to your hotel or local address or airport.
End of services!!
ACTIVITIES: Monument visits | Road drive | Heritage walk | Tonga ride
INCLUSION IN THE PRICE:
- The cost of air – condition vehicle and private driver
- Fuel cost, toll, tax and parking charges
- Taj mahal is closed each Friday so avoid planning your trip on that day.
- All monuments are open from sunrise to sunset and tickets are available till at least 1 hr before closing. The timing of sunset changes in summer and winter season so keep in mind the accurate timing according to season you visit.
- The timing and schedule mentioned above are suggestive only and may change according to your personal plans and pace of travel.
- The mentioned prices are minimum start price for small car based on two persons travelling together. It may vary according to the number of persons, vehicle type, pick up and drop location in Delhi. Contact our experts to know exact price.
TRAVEL DATES: All days except Friday
SUGGESTED EXPERT DRIVERS FOR SAME DAY AGRA TRIP BY CAR: Kuber, Rashpal, Raj kumar